How To Unschedule a WordPress Post
Posted by Charles | Filed under Blogging
You have scheduled a WordPress post for some future date but have since changed your mind and would like to published it immediately. Each time this happens it seems to be a bit confusing so I’ve decided to cover it here.
- In the Posts section find your scheduled post
- Use the Quick Edit (not Edit)
- Change the Status to Published and change the Date to some date in the past
- Note: This uses server time which may be set different than your local time. It is best to go back atleast one day to ensure your actually in the “past”
- Note: This date is also your Published Date so keep it mind that it will also control the order that posts appear on the public site
- Update the post and your all set.