Google in talks to buy Yelp – A perfect match
Posted by Charles | Filed under Search
Google is in talks to purchase Yelp for “Half Billion Dollars Or More”, Michael Arrington at TechCrunch reports.
- Google is the king of search but the local search market is still up for grabs
- Google has the adverting network that could increase revenues way beyond what Yelp is currently capatiable of
- Acquiring Yelp would give Google the push that it needs to get in the face of many more mobile users
- Yelp + Google Maps would quickly add the content that Google has been slow to acquire. This would give users even more reasons to user Google Maps
- Yelp has a passionate community of users who are linked with their brand. This would dovetail perfectly with Google’s application platform and stop the competition from acquiring these users